FlopsyKitty

Daisypath Ticker

Thursday, August 25, 2005

Thursday

Today Tom , Angie and I went to the Cancer Center. Tom had to meet with the doctors about his radiation (he needs to have radiation for 4 days before the transplant). Then, in the afternoon, I met with the doctors about my test results. The doctors said I am in great condition for the transplant. I had to answer a bunch of personal questions and sign a couple more forms. I picked up a prescription in case I have any pain from the neupogen. Neupogen is just stem cells in the blood - with the Neupogen shots, my bone marrow will basically grow a ton of stem cells, and then after five days of the shots, the stem cells will move from my bone marrow into my blood stream. The harvesting is just removing blood from my body, running it through a machine similar to a centrifuge to pull out the extra stem cells, and then putting it back into my body. Piece of cake.

After the meetings, we went to the place where Tom will be staying starting on Sunday. It is called the Hope Lodge. It was a nice place, but it's not home.

1 Comments:

At 3:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We're so proud of you.

You are brave and beautiful.


S. & s.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home