FlopsyKitty

Daisypath Ticker

Friday, April 15, 2005

It's official!

I have put the deposit on the reception hall. What a struggle that was. If you read my post dated April 13th, you will see that the restaurant where I was going to have my reception was trying to force me to pay more money than they originally quoted, simply because the function was a wedding. When I spoke with them Wednesday, the lady said she would have to check with the General manager and get his approval. It sounded like they were trying to sell me a car! The lady told me she would be out Thursday, but that she would have her associate call me and let me know what the decision was. Surprise, no one called.

So this morning, I called and left the lady a voice mail message, then waited a couple of hours. I called back, and when she didn't answer, I pressed '0" to get the operator (Hey, she said I could if it was an emergency, and this was.). I asked to speak to the lady I just called, and they put me right through. (Someone was not answering her phone...grr....)

I explained who I was, and long story short, the lady hadn't checked with the manager, and could she call me right back. I said yes, but I honestly felt this was a stalling tactic, and that she would not call me back.

I was surprised when she called me back right away, and said "Of course you can have what you requested. No problem. Let me transfer you to "blah" and we can take your deposit."

Funny how their whole attitude changed when I became a paying customer rather than a potential one. I am very hopeful that I don't live to regret this decision.

So, to those who thought they may have to eat PB&J sandwiches on the steps of the church, you can breathe a sigh of relief.

I know I am....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home