FlopsyKitty

Daisypath Ticker

Sunday, December 05, 2004

Squirrel Invasion part deux

We were wrong.

The squirrel returned tonight. This time, though, it went downstairs. Scott went down after it, and after a series of crashes and swearing, he said "It’s coming back up!". Again, behind the fridge it went. We looked behind the fridge and pulled the wire cart next to the fridge out, but it was no where to be found. There was nowhere for it to go except out.

There is nothing left for us to do except wait. Scott and Patrick (his brother) spent most of Saturday spreading fox urine (I know, gross) and critter ridder on the outside of the house, and spraying a concoction of Murphy’s Oil Soap, hot sauce and cayenne pepper in all the nooks and crannies inside the house. We think it never left on Friday, we think it went into the bathroom and back into the plumbing, because the bathroom door was open the first time we tried to flush it out. This time, the bathroom door was closed. Also, we think that is where it got in because Scott was downstairs when it reappeared on top of the fridge, and he didn’t hear it come up.

So, we have a live trap in the bathroom, and we keep the door closed at all times. I won’t go in there by myself, so Scott has to open the door and check for varmints before I go in.
I’m just praying it’s out. If I see it again, I’m calling an exterminator.

1 Comments:

At 6:09 PM, Blogger Neil Ikerd said...

Nobody would ever believe that you and your sister are related. /sarcasm

It's Thanksgiving morning, I'm using the facilities and I hear "BIG FIRE!!" shouted up from the basement. I sprint down the hall, across the dining room (amazingly I don't slip and kill myself on the hardwood floor), bound down the stairs like a therd of hundering elephants and into the laundry room. Amy points at the wall, "right there."
On the wall is a brown spider, no bigger than a dime including the radius of his legs. I look at Amy, "You panicked me for that." Out of spite I smushed it with my hand (this grosses Amy out) and returned to my business. (note to self, this is the kind of stuff I should be putting in my blog.)

Neil

 

Post a Comment

<< Home