FlopsyKitty

Daisypath Ticker

Wednesday, December 15, 2004

I don't understand people sometimes...

I had an employee who was a real problem, and ended up quitting about a year ago. At the time she resigned, she was in her 3rd probationary period. This girl had a real attitude problem, trouble with authority figures and very jealous of anyone who was doing a better job than her.

Today, a co-worker of mine got a phone call from a prospective employer asking for a reference for her. The co-worker was a friend of hers, but was never her supervisor. She passed the call on to me.

I don't think this former employee ever expected her to do that. Now the prospective employer knows this person lied on their application.

Don't let enyone ever tell you management is easy...

1 Comments:

At 1:16 AM, Blogger Puglet said...

I was in management tooo long. I hated everything about it. Eventually I wanted to kidney punch all customers and trip my employees. I used to believe inherently that most people were good. Being a bakery manager, especially aroun the holidays, made me realize that many many people are inherently weenie heads.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home