FlopsyKitty

Daisypath Ticker

Thursday, November 18, 2004

Evaluation Day

I was right. He came into the meeting with an attitude. I read the first part, asked if he has any questions or wanted something clarified, and his comment was "I have nothing to say." So, I plowed on. He didn't like what he heard, and eventually started in with his "This is not fair, this is personal." At this point, his new manager (who was present in the meeting) said: "It's not personal, I have seen examples of these issues just in the few weeks you have been reporting to me. It's not personal, because I agree with her."

Then we discussed his action plan. At our company, anytime you have lower than a 3.0, you have to write an action plan and have a follow-up evaluation in 90 days. He didn't know what to write. I said to take the document home and think about it and have something ready by Monday. He continued to scoff and I asked if he had any more questions, and he said no, so that was the end of it.

As I figured he would, he went right to Human Resources. He was there for about 1/2 hour. During this time, the other person who was working the phones was getting aggrivated, because he was not helping her with the incoming calls (this was one of the things I pointed out in his review - people don't like to work with him because he does not pull his weight). Then, he met with his new supervisor for a while. He couldn't meet with my director - he was out of the office.

He passed in his action plan that afternoon. It read : "I will try not to make any more mistakes. I will try to not have an attitude." And that was it. His new supervisor told him that it was not detailed enough, that he needs to take it home and work on it over the weekend, and he said he couldn't, because he had already ripped it up.

My director came back just as I was leaving for the day. I spoke with him briefly, told him what was going on, and my director said he knew, he was out of his office on purpose because he didn't want to have to deal with the employee. The employee followed him out the door when he left...

So that was my day...


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home